How works the Registry Defragmentation?
- If the Registry CleanUP is not installed yet, download the program from here.
- Start the Registry CleanUP and click the button "Defrag" to open the Defrager.
- The start screen shows the existing Registry-Hives with there size.
- Beside are displayed the Registry-Hives in percentage in a pie chart.
- Click on the button "Start defragmentation", to start the compressing of the Registry.
- The first step is the creating of a new "Windows Restore Point", as protection for a worst-case scenario.
- Depending on the computer speed and fragmentation state, takes optimization of the registry several minutes.
- If the procedure done, shows the application an information window to reboot the computer. This should definitely be done.
After defragmenting the PC must be restarted! Otherwise, do you lost all settings and changes in the registry after compression.
Upon activation of checkbox "Windows restart after defragmentation" - above the Start button - the reboot occurs automatically.